Tuesday, February 6, 2007

:: the arrival of Prince Chester ::

I just moved back to my home country after 5.5yrs living abroad, and found out that most of my friends are either married, or still living abroad. I felt a bit lonely, and I decided to got my self a furry companion. At first I settled on a Westie, but after I realized how yappy it is, I didn't go for it. Then I remember how my roommates and me used to pet-sit a very adorable shih-tzu named Snoopy. He was very loyal, quiet, shy and lovable. So I searched high and low for shih-tzu breeders in my town. At that time there are only two breeders known to have shih-tzu. I visited both of the kennels, but I didn't find what I'm looking for. All of them are extremely cute, but somehow they're busy playing with their peer, not reacting to us. The breeder told us to come back the next month, because he got several one months old puppies that'll be ready for viewing. I waited anxiously, and when the time came, I went to the kennel immediately. When I got there, I saw another batch of highly adorable puppies, and there was this one dog who approached us cheerfully, jumping and running around us. That's when I decided, this is the one. He seemed so happy in the car, but when I put him down on the floor for the first time, he shivered and cried and peed everywhere. He didn't like his make-shift bed, which is a modified fruit basket covered in warm blanket. He didn't like to be left alone for a long time. He refused to eat!! I persuaded him to drink milk, gave him small shredded bread, and still nothing. He refused to sleep alone outside, so I gave him my old plushies' bed. He decided that it was just right for him and declared it as his own. I don't know what happened that night, but on the next day he got comfortable immediately and ruled this house ever since. :D

No comments: